Interview questions for wedding photographers
So maybe you already have the perfect photographer selected for your wedding—they photographed your best friend’s wedding, or maybe your neighbor, and the photos are gorgeous. And maybe that is enough for you. But for those of you who may want a little more information, like will s/he fit into my budget, or do they offer wedding albums, here is a list of questions to ask when interviewing a wedding photographer for your “perfect” day.
• What is your photography style? Do you take more formal or relaxed shots? Are you artistic or more traditional?
• What kind of experience and education do you have in photography?
• Do you shot in black and white as well as color?
• Do you use digital photography?
• Who will be taking the photos? Can we meet them and discuss possible shots?
• Do you have a lot of equipment or assistants working with you?
• Do you have a wedding portfolio we can look at?
• How many weddings have you shot? What is the largest wedding you have photographed at?
• Can we hire you for the day or hourly?
• What are your rates?
• Do you have any wedding packages? If so, what is included in them?
• Will you travel between numerous sites?
• Do you process and develop your own film and prints?
• Can we purchase the negatives from you?
• Do you require a down payment or do you have a budget plan?
• What is your policy if we aren’t happy with the shots?
• Do you provide a written contract and guarantee?
• How long does it take to get the proofs back? When will be able to select the photos for purchase/album?
• When is final payment due?
• When will be able to pick up or photos or album?
Make sure to ask for references so you can call others to find out if they were happy with their photos and their experience with the photographer. And don’t forget about personality. Did you get along with him or her? Can you work together for hours? It is important to make sure that you and your fiancé are happy. It’s one of the most important days of your life. Smile.